“Develop your plan, take action, assess your results, and move the bar up.” R. J. Gadd
Chief Marketing Officer, Flagship Food Group (2009 – 2016)
Orchestrated brand strategies and marketing efforts of a $300M global consumer package goods (CPG) company. Additionally, managed Flagship Packaging — a workflow improvement packaging company that offered design, substrate consulting, pre-press, printing/converting and inventory management. Finally, I was also the spokesperson for the 505 Southwestern brand of sauces—Chile Ray!
– Identified key selling point of our 505 Southwestern brand — Hatch Valley Chile — and set the course to build the business from a $5M business to $50M national brand
– Created new brand design template that revolutionized the Hispanic frozen food department — MexiWraps — and set a course of growth to $50M
– In the first year of managing the packaging business, rightsized the department and increased sales to improve EBITDA by 15x
President & Strategic Director, Murie Design (1999 – 2009)
Managed the $5 million marketing and design firm specializing in brand building and generating sales demand via direct mail, advertising, the web, and collateral.
– Increased sales from $1 million to $5 million by growing a design firm into a full-service marketing company
– Introduced new sources of revenue by establishing key outsourcing partners
– Reduced operating costs by 25% by developing new processes and procedures
President & CEO Preco New Products (1998 – 1999)
Managed the strategy, marketing and sales of the $7 million company telecommunications company that manufactured communication accessory equipment.
– Defined new markets and developed the overseas Asia Pacific market
– Introduced two new trademarked products (Sidewinder and Spider) that delivered 15% incremental revenue
– Reduced fixed costs by 31% by redefining employees roles and reducing the labor force
President, PEG Marketing (1997 – 1998)
Created consulting company to service the local, government and international market. Specialized in improving go-to-market strategies.
– Wrote a go-to-market strategy for a furniture company to explore IPO
– Developed a worldwide category management strategy that was mandated for use by ConAgra, Omaha NE
General Manager, H.J. Heinz (1988 – 1998)
Managed $75 million sales and marketing efforts for 5 affiliates and 50 brands of the H.J. Heinz Company to the global U.S. government (commissary) channel.
– Built the business from $50 million to $75 million by increasing brand dominance
– Exceeded national market share on Heinz Baby Food, Pickles, Ketchup, Ore-Ida French Fries, and Star-Kist Tuna by 10 points
– Implemented a cost reduction program that reduced freight by $100,000
University of Dayton, Dayton OH 1970 – 1974
– Bachelor of Science, Major: Psychology—Minor: Marketing (Dean’s list)
St. Joseph’s Prep School, Montvale NJ 1966 – 1970
– Lectured at Boise State University of the values of Social Media and demonstrated a case for ROI
– Traveled extensively throughout Western Europe and Asia Pacific opening new markets for H.J. Heinz
– Delivered keynote speech at International trade conference for the American Frozen Food Institute
– Sequestered for jury duty twice and was elected Forman both times
– Past Opera Idaho Board member and performed in the opera the Merry Widow by Franz Lehár
– Created an LLC from scratch with $15K to address low-income housing needs and built it into a $1MM business